The season 2017-18 is going to be very crucial for Chelsea. As they were crowned Champions of England last season, the expectation is higher from them this season. They have to fight against the other teams of Premier League who are also strengthening the squad in this summer transfer window in the Premier League to retain their title and have to compete against the European Giants to excel in the Champions League. Chelsea have to play in four competitions this season including English Premier League, FA Cup, Carabao Cup and UEFA Champions League. So they need to rotate their players for the whole season as lot of injuries and fatigues will come in this long run.
Here’s have a look who are in and who are out in this window for Chelsea.
1. Alvaro Morata : Morata came from Real Madrid with the transfer fee of £58m to Chelsea this window. It was a great signing for Chelsea. After the dispute of Costa and Conte Chelsea needed a World Class striker who will help them to excel in all competitions.
2. Tiemoue Bakayoko : Chelsea signed Bakayoko from Monaco around £39.7m transfer fees. He was a great inclusion in the squad and probably an upgraded version of Nemanja Matic whom they sold to United.
3. Antonio Rudiger : The German Intertnational had signed for Chelsea around £29m transfer fees from Roma. Chelsea needed a central back for a replacement of John Terry and they got Rudiger.
4. Davide Zappacosta : Chelsea signed Davide Zappacosta,the Italian wingback from Torino around £25.8m pounds transfer fees.
5. Danny Drinkwater : Drinkwater signed on the deadline day from Leicester City around £35m fee.
6. Willy Caballero : Caballero signed as a free agent from Manchester City this season for Chelsea as a back up option of Thibaut Coutrois.
7. Andreas Christensen : Chelsea loaned back Christensen from Borussia Monchengladbach this season.
1. Nemanja Matic : Chelsea sold Matic to Manchester United at around £40m as they signed Bakayoko from Monaco and Matic wished to play under the coaching of Mourinho.
2. Nathan Ake : Ake was sold to Bournemouth around £20m fee as the player wished to have more gametime.
3. Juan Cuadrado : Cuadrado was loaned out previous season to Juve and this season he was sold to them at around £17.3m.
4. Asmir Begovic : Begovic was sold to Bournemouth at around £10m this season. Good buisness from Chelsea as they got Caballero as back up goalie as a free agent.
5. Betrand Traore : The player was sold to Lyon at £8.8m this season.
6. Christian Atsu : He was sold t Newcastle United at £6m after being loaned out last season.
7. Nathaniel Chalobah : Chalobah, the young English prospect wanted more gametime at Chelsea which Conte did not gurantee. So the player wished a move and was sold to Watford FC at £5m.
8. Dominic Solanke : He had gone to Liverpool as a free agent.
9. Tammy Abraham : Abraham was loaned out to Swansea City this season.
10. Kasey Palmer : The player was loaned out to Huddersfield Town.
11. Ruben Loftus Cheek : He was loaned out to Crystal Palace to have more game-time.
12. Kurt Zouma : The player had undergone a big injury and tried to come back from that injury. But it was impossible for Conte to give him the chance in the first XI. So he was loaned out to Stoke City to have more gametime and come back stronger.
13. John Terry : His contract expired this season and no renewal of the contract and the Chelsea legend joined Aston VIlla as free agent this season.
14. Jeremie Boga : He was loaned out to Birningham this season.
15. Lewis Baker : Baker was loaned out to Middlesbrough.
16. Fikayo Tomori : The player was loaned out to Hull City along with Ola Aina and Michael Hector this season.
17. Nathan : Nathan was loaned out to the Ligue 1 side Amiens.
The overall transfer window was not bad for Chelsea. They tried to fill up the spaces in their squad with a long season ahead. Many players were loaned out to prove themselves.
I would rate this transfer window for Chelsea as 6.5 out of 10 after the end of the summer. Now we have to see how they perform this season after all these inclusions and exits.