New Zealand cancelled their limited-overs series against Pakistan, which was due to begin in Rawalpindi, on Friday (17th September). The Blackcaps discovered something suspicious about the security arrangements and chose not to continue with their white-ball mission. Many cricket experts have expressed their displeasure with New Zealand Cricket’s (NZC) decision.

The news came as a sudden shock to the world. Fans had been waiting for this series to happen. It was followed by England cancelling their tour as well. Cricket lost a couple of good series that would be played. Pakistani officials did not take it kindly.

Shahid Afridi backs Babar Azam and Co, says, 'Players representing PAK

The Statement By The British High Commission Post The Cancellation Of New Zealand’s Tour Of Pakistan

Former Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi has slammed the tourists. He expressed his dismay that New Zealand bought the prank. That was despite all promises about security. However, if some rumours are to be accepted, the trip may be cancelled due to the involvement of English individuals in New Zealand.

Christian Turner, the British High Commissioner to Pakistan, has denied the allegations of British participation in the case. According to Cricwick, Christian Turner stated, “Speculations that the British High Commission was involved in the PakvsNZ trip being put off are false.”

“This was a decision made independently by the New Zealand government. I understand that this is a sad day for cricket lovers in the area who were looking forward to the series,” he continued.

What The NZC Chief Executive Said In A Recent Statement?

New Zealand Cricket (NZC) issued a statement expressing their desire to end the white-ball series with Pakistan. From the 17th of September to the 3rd of October, the series was planned to be shown. New Zealand, meanwhile, had also expressed satisfaction with the security preparations, albeit with some trepidation. But, towards the end of the day, they felt insecure in Rawalpindi owing to the security presence and took the difficult decision to return home.

“I realise this will be a setback for the PCB, who have been fantastic hosts. But player safety is paramount. We think this is the only responsible option.”

Ramiz Raja Criticises New Zealand’s Decision To Cancel The Tour On His Twitter Account

Meanwhile, Ramiz Raja, the recently appointed chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, has blasted New Zealand’s decision. He did not approve their call to postpone the series at the last minute. He was describing the turn of events as “very disappointing.”

Pakistanis ready with popcorn and past remarks if Imran Khan picks Ramiz Raja as PCB chief

“Crazy day it has been! Feel so sorry for the fans and our players. Walking out of the tour by taking a unilateral approach to a security threat is very frustrating. Especially, when it is not even shared!! Which world is NZ living in?? They will hear us at ICC.”

Well, the reaction has been varying right through the cricketing world. The fans will not be happy by the fact that cricket is losing out somehow. A lot of ex-cricketers and Pundits expressed their displeasure about the cancellations too. They were worried that political issues are taking over the game.

Fans are not too happy with the way that Pakistan was being treated as well. However, sometimes it is in the best interest of the teams. That is to take some harsh calls for the well-being and safety of the players. What do you, the fans think? Do let us know!! Should cricket go on in Pakistan or do the Kiwis have a valid point?